Saturday, January 8, 2011

Needlebase: Quilt a Grave

LINK


What is it?

I think I found this link on Boingboing. Not sure. Anyway the website findagrave.com is a big database full of graves and biographical information but their presentation is lacking. I wanted to see what I could do with it. 

Why is this interesting?

Unfortunately this domain is a very limited right now because I have already reached my account quota...as one might imagine the Find a Grave website is pretty huge. I'll be happy just mashing up on Google Maps (each record include a birth, death and grave location). 

Where is it going in the future?

I'll probably end up distilling this domain and focus on a single place. Lots of possibilities including historic records and archives data.

edit: added link

No comments: